10 July 1998 - 10 July 2020
Vinni commune, Viru-Jaagupi, Lääne-Virumaa
The local lore museum consists of three rooms: room of an old farmhouse, a kiln-drying room and a technology room.
Viru-Jaagupi Museum is located in a three-storey former schoolhouse made of flagstone.
The building itself is worth seeing as a former school (1908–2001). The schoolhouse is surrounded by beautiful scenery; a cenotaph of the artist brothers Raud can be found in the yard.
In the room of an old farmhouse you can see a battle club of church boys, a cradle and a chest for clothes; in a kiln-drying room take a look at flax brake, cards, flails, harnesses; and in technology room see TVs, radios, cameras, typewriters, computers. Some old radios are functioning. One can also try typewriting.
Opening hours: Mon–Fri 10:00-12:00
At other time advance notice required
Collection: ca 600
Information about the museum provided by the Estonian Museum Association (web-page www.muuseum.ee).
(+372) 32 96 285, 52 82 624
Kooli 7, Viru-Jaagupi, 46604 Vinni commune, Lääne-Virumaa